Current Events

NSFW Friday, January 18th, 2019 05:21 pm
prisca: (fffc - color)
[personal profile] prisca posting in [community profile] fffc
Sorry! Due to the lack of activity, this community is on a hiatus now!

Feel free to (re)fill any of the older prompts/challenges. You can still post your works in this community. And/or add the works to our respective AO3 collections.


(If you want to take over the comm and give it a try, don't hesitate to contact me.)

Date: 2019-01-25 10:37 am (UTC)
spiralicious: Cereal Killer Mask (Default)
From: [personal profile] spiralicious
Thank you for this

Date: 2019-01-31 09:01 pm (UTC)
naemsie: Madagascar (Default)
From: [personal profile] naemsie
Thank you! You were absolutely right to point it out to us, and it was terribly easy to do. (We're also kind of in love with this. Or at least I am ^.^)

Date: 2019-01-26 08:54 am (UTC)
vexed_wench: (Default)
From: [personal profile] vexed_wench
I love this post. It so nice to have all the info I need to find on a sticky post. THANK YOU!

Date: 2020-08-31 06:54 pm (UTC)
vexed_wench: (Default)
From: [personal profile] vexed_wench
I have a question, if we need a new fandom tag where should we request one? Thank you. I need oner for Merlin (TV), or Merlin BBC whatever you want to tag it please and thank you.

Date: 2020-08-31 07:14 pm (UTC)
vexed_wench: (Default)
From: [personal profile] vexed_wench
Thank you so much.

Date: 2022-04-08 11:52 am (UTC)
kephiso: A glass mural of a FlightRising dragon (Default)
From: [personal profile] kephiso
Just noticed that the April special challenge currently links to the March one and thought I'd let you know!
Edited (minor clarification) Date: 2022-04-08 11:52 am (UTC)
(reply from suspended user)

Date: 2024-12-10 12:26 pm (UTC)
mizuka: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mizuka
Hi there and thanks for hosting the events! I just had a small thing - whenever I try to use the "fandom: omniscient reader's viewpoint" tag on my entries, it shows up as an error (and I've only been able to use it once so far). Do you know what's going on, by any chance? Or is that just a quirk of DW at times? Thanks again!

Date: 2026-01-04 09:25 pm (UTC)
melime: Greyscale image of a butterfly on a flower (Default)
From: [personal profile] melime
I'm so sorry to hear about the hiatus, I haven't been active this past year but I was looking forward to coming back to it.

Thank you for all the years running the comm, I've had a lot of fun here and I'm grateful for all the inspiration that lead me to write hundred of fics over the years.

Have you considered an open ended amnesty so we can still use the old prompts? Of course I understand if you would rather not. Either way I'm keeping tracking on just in case it ever comes back.

Date: 2026-01-05 06:15 pm (UTC)
melime: Greyscale image of a butterfly on a flower (Default)
From: [personal profile] melime
Thank you! I will definitely be doing that, I still have so many that I never got around to and kept telling myself I would

Date: 2026-01-07 07:46 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yemi-hikari.livejournal.com
I'd offer to take over, but I realized there would be a few problems, such as me having an LJ account and not a DW account as well as not wanting to start up new accounts as I've too many to keep track of at the end of the day.

But...

I'd been thinking of certain changes I'd end up making that I want to share, because I think they'd make whoever does end up taking over - it would make their lives potentially easier and less stressful, and may actually increase engagement, because - well, one of the reasons I saw a drop off in engagement the last few months is missed Friday posts.

And my first solution would be to have the Regular challenges for Froday planned out for the year and revealed for the given year. If the person running Froday misses? So what. Those of us participating already know what it's supposed to be for the year, but this allows for people to plan ahead and write ahead for their drabbles if that's their way of tackling challenges.

Amnesty would also be automatic while also running from the last Friday of the month to the next Friday of the month, giving a full weak, which would allow an entire week of say coming up with a weeks worth of drabbles for past Drabble Madness weeks. A few of the months would also be automatic and known ahead of time.
January - Anything new, as per usual, but open it up to this including anything new for previous prompts.
October - Continue with the Halloween synopsis trend, but make it open choice from any horror movie synopsis released between - well, for this year it would be October 1 2025 to September 30, 2026.

Technically, the other months could have similar structure as this. Making things again, easier on everyone involved, and allowing for preplanning.

Froday Madness? Well, I'm going to admit I'm the one of the ones who suggested Gay Parents which got changed to Same-Gendered parents which upon seeing that prompt my first thought was to instantly think first and foremost of series with same-gendered parents where there is absolutely no queer content between the parents. Kotoro from Kotoro lives alone has his biological parents, and then the adults at his apartment building that stepped in as his care givers, but by the end of the Anime - that's three moms and three dads, nothing queer about it though it is joked about.

So, I'd make the next Froday Madness be LGBTQ+ Parent, which can be Gay, Lesbian, Trans or Non-Binary, etc. which I think better fits what the intended goal of changing up the prompt I know I suggested. And then? Well, I'd take advantage of TV Tropes random trope button and then nobody knows what we'd be getting. Skip tropes already done, and skip tropes that don't translate well into narrative format.

Don't keep a running list of the stories we're writing. I think trying to maintain that was a stresser, particularly with the number of stories I posted during one of the amnesty weeks because I wanted to just get some of the older Little Specials done.

Little Specials would be I think the one thing not pre-announced outside of Madness, but I'd do away with some of the challenges. Quick Creation? Sure. Do older fills, but that seemed hard to keep track of. The ABC challenge while fun, could be hard to maintain. I did past fills recently and decided not to count "A, an and the" for starters, but being able to entirely skip letters? Given you had me starting on Y a LOT in the latest channels, I was often going backwards as the next letter was X going forward and there aren't very many nice words for X, so being able to skip that letter entirely would help if continued.

It would also be nice to see new formats, such as the 5+1 storyline, there's also Chat fic, and second person narrative, small things that could potentially be fulfilled in a one week time frame. And go back to allowing for double and triple drabbles during madness while opening up older Drabble madness to have that option.

The other thing - take advantage of A03's new collection features. Make the next Froday collection a prompt meme, and have people drop prompts to be filled, regardless of whether they are filled on AO3, LJ or DW, with the prompts either being fillable for any prompt for that year, or utilzing it when it comes to the winter calendar, that people can either go off the winter calendar for that month, or they can fulfill a prompt from the AO3 collection.

Which, A03 may be the place to get the engagement from.

but yea, definitely have each year planned out in case something isn't posted and so those who want to pre-plan what they write for a challenge before it goes live can might end up helping things out for wheover does take over.

Date: 2026-01-07 08:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yemi-hikari.livejournal.com
Which - If I were to do each month themed?

January - Something new, full month of amnesty.
February - Romcom summaries from the previous year, maybe since not done before including anything prior to 20025, or pick a specific years or years to work from.
April - Something crack-fic in nature.
December - Winter Calendar.

And of the remaining eight months -
- Character horoscopes, because the horoscope idea was a good idea, but at the end of the day people didn't want to give up their birthdays, but a lot of characters do have birthdays.
- Word list for the month (there's a variety of ways to do this)
- Bingo for the month
- Pick a random trope list for people to work from where they have to pick so many tropes from that list, or pick a trope from multiiple lists, their choices
- at least one month focused on crossovers, say like fandom crossovers, or disimilar fandom crossovers, or fandom starting with the same letter crossovers
- book synopsis, allowing people to pick from various lists, such as the newberry award list, but honest? Any list of series could work as a themed month
- a month dedicated to a specific genre as the theme that is the same every year
- a month focused on setting
- a month dedicated to a random plot generator, such as TV tropes random crossover, or the A03 tag generator

Just to throw out some ideas.
-

Date: 2026-01-08 06:57 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yemi-hikari.livejournal.com
Welcome. :)

Date: 2026-01-09 08:34 am (UTC)
naemsie: Madagascar (Default)
From: [personal profile] naemsie
Is this the point when I stop being MIA, grow a pair, and write and do my job again? ^.^
Edited Date: 2026-01-09 08:34 am (UTC)

Date: 2026-01-10 06:42 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yemi-hikari.livejournal.com
--amused--

I'm actually a she, not a he. Amused because the misgendering isn't anything new for me. According to a few guys in fandom, my writing is actually more masculine than feminine. That was after a fandom friend, who knew I was female, introduced me to see if any of the guys would pick up on it without me revealing it, and nope. They didn't.

And yeah. I'm open to that. To which I would still want to have the year planned out so that missing a Friday post won't be an issue for those participating, while also giving those who like planning ahead time to do so, particularly if they know things will get crazy for them.

Date: 2026-01-15 10:49 am (UTC)
naemsie: Madagascar (Default)
From: [personal profile] naemsie
Yes, I'm aware of the situation. I have some serious contemplation to do, as my overall state of life is … something else, let me put it that way. If I'd had the capacity to be here, I wouldn't have been MIA, after all.

In any case, thank you for soldiering on as long as you did! And I hope all is well?!

Team Up Anybody?

Date: 2026-01-15 03:10 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yemi-hikari.livejournal.com
As noted above, I'm fine with teaming up with anyone who wants to run the DW side of things. If you're worried about the workload, I've already brainstormed a list of prompts for 2026. It's a WIP, but everything is scheduled out, with a challenge ready to go. I'll be setting up an AO3 soon.

https://fffc.livejournal.com/437880.html?newpost

And as noted, while amnesty technically ends at 23:59 UTC on February 6th, it will still be in effect while things are figured out.

- There definitely needs to be someone to run the DW side of things as I don't have a DW account.
- How active the other(s) want to be with the LJ side of things, the AO3, and creating the prompt list is up to the other(s) who want to help with keeping FFFC going. I don't mind doing that side of things by myself/with minimal feedback, but I'm also open to more active help on those.

Reasons for getting ahead come down to not knowing how active the other(s) can be with a proposed prompt list for next year, which would at least reduce the workload they would have to take on 2026. Also, best way to contact me is LJ or ffnet. DA is another option, though I check that less often.

Re: Team Up Anybody?

Date: 2026-01-15 10:51 am (UTC)
naemsie: Madagascar (Default)
From: [personal profile] naemsie
Let me do some thinking and get back to you via LJ DM in bit =)

Prompts Are Up and Going

Date: 2026-01-16 06:10 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yemi-hikari.livejournal.com
This is just a heads-up to let everyone know that prompts for the year are up and running.

Current Events - https://fffc.livejournal.com/438182.html
Jan to June Prompts - https://fffc.livejournal.com/438499.html?newpost
AO3 collection - https://archiveofourown.org/collections/fffc_all_challenges_2026

It starts and ends UTC time 00:01 and 23:59 on the days noted on the schedule.

Profile

fffc: (Default)
Froday Flash Fiction Challenge

March 2026

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930 31    

Tags